PS2 Fan Problems, System Overheats - Red Power Light flashes

Playstation 2 related problems
redlion

PS2 Fan Problems, System Overheats - Red Power Light flashes

Post by redlion »

Hi, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. My PS2 fan is no longer working and as a result the system overheats after about 15 minutes of use. I tried changing the fan, but that didn’t fix the problem, so I believe the problem lies elsewhere. I read somewhere that it might be a fuse (PS5?), but I’m not sure where it is located or what it looks like. I was hoping you might be able to give me a few suggestions about how to repair the problem. I’ve heard that you can extend the leads on the fan and attach them somewhere else to bypass the fuse, but I have no clue about where to attach the leads or how to go about it, can you provide some help?
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Mine had stopped working as well. I found it to be the leads to the fan, and not the fan itself. I soldered the fan cable directly to the pin-outs on the board, and it worked. Try that and see what happens. The pin-outs are small, so be careful. Also, please be warned that if you solder the fan directly to the boad, there may be no way to reconnect the pinouts, and you'll have to keep it that way permanently. Hope it helps.

PeAcE.