Connecting a plasma

On the topic of connecting various devices to a Plasma screen
mariust5

Connecting a plasma

Post by mariust5 »

Hi guys , i got a Techwood TWP 4210 plasma screen and no tuner box , i was wondering if i can connect anything to it without the tuner like a sky box or similar . It has a LVDS-IN connection wich looks like dvi or hdmi , i'm not sure . Another thing is i don't have a remote and it looks like there's a infrared sensor on the screen , would any universal remote do it , i tried a couple but no luck . When i turn it on from the on-off button it stays in stand-by , any way to switch it on without the remote ? Thanks.

My latest googeling revealed that is a samsung panel with cheap components and apparently the remote sensor is to controll the tuner box through the screen ? Odd . Others have said that it was made as pc screen originally and the connection between the screen and tuner is a DFP 26 pin cable , i dont know much about these cables , can i buy one anywhere ?
Thanks
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

Just curious... how did you get hold of the screen without cables, tuner box and a remote?
mariust5

Post by mariust5 »

Last edited by mariust5 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mariust5

Post by mariust5 »

I've seen there are 2 boxes out there , one is a 4205 and the other 4210 , can anyone confirm if they will work with both pannels , Samsung and LG , and have the same connections or are diferent and you have to have the one for your pannel ? Cheers
mariust5

Post by mariust5 »

Managed to get a tuner box , connected it all up and it turns out that the screen has a black line of about 2 inch from top to botton in the middle .
How does this happen and is it fixable ? Thanks .
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

This sounds like a fault and not just incorrectly connected plasma.

It could be either the plasma or the tuner box. Does the plasma have any direct inputs (for example PC or Component) so you can deduce whether it is the tuner box or the plasma it self?

Do you have a friend with same tuner box and/or plasma you could test it with?

Go back to the shop you got the tuner box from and ask to test it.
mariust5

Post by mariust5 »

No direct inputs to the Techwood plasma , everything through the tuner and no friends i'm afraid . Looks like i'm gonna have to get rid of it but i heard that you can connect stuff to it without the tuner box ( wire on connection ) directly but i don't know how . Anyway , it doesn't matter anymore . Thanks anyway .
mariust5

Post by mariust5 »

Now sold , the screen is unrepairable , i'm glad to have got rid of it , seems like it's one of the worst plasmas out there . Still , it would have been nice to have one as i'm still watching my old wooden 20" box .