Help, I have a 2100+ Camera but..

Question and comments on the D-Link DCS-2100+ Internet Camera
mattleppala

Help, I have a 2100+ Camera but..

Post by mattleppala »

I have my camera all set up, I can even access the administrator panel from outside the net. I have my router configured with all ports and everything. Everything is great except for the fact that I can not get good broadcast code.

Could someone provide me their code they use on a website (newest firmware upgrade on dsc 2100+)

i use port 80, and all the other default ports, things work fine i just need good working code, their website code wil not work for me, i emailed dlink but they are no help yet.

thank you guys
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

The below code works for my set up. I suspect the code is dependant on a specific version of the camera software.

Copy some of the setting from your own camera page (remoteip, id, port etc).

Code: Select all

<OBJECT ID="VACtrl" WIDTH="330" HEIGHT="270" CLASSID=CLSID&#58;A93B47FD-9BF6-4DA8-97FC-9270B9D64A6C
	CODEBASE="http&#58;//<user>&#58;<pwd>@<host/ip>&#58;<web port>/plugin/h263ctrl.cab#version=1,7,0,1">
<PARAM NAME="Url" VALUE="http&#58;//<user>&#58;<pwd>@<host/ip>&#58;<web port>/cgi-bin/video.vam">
<PARAM NAME="VSize" VALUE="CMS">
<PARAM NAME="RemoteIP" VALUE="167880896">
<PARAM NAME="RemotePort" VALUE="5001">
<PARAM NAME="RemoteID" VALUE="953134">
<PARAM NAME="DisplayTimeFormat" VALUE="1">
<PARAM NAME="DigitalZoomEdit" VALUE="false">
<PARAM NAME="Language" VALUE="EN">
</OBJECT>
I recommend you to create a new user used for web access. Then you can easily turn it off or change connection type (UDP, TCP or HTTP).

I am currently able to access the camera vide feed in UDP and from the same location able to access my "broadcasting" page with above with with UDP as well.

:!: When connecting to my broadcast code the connection initially times out (error message "Could not connect to server") but a few seconds later the video/sound appears.

Using the video feed in a custom web page is not officially supported so don't expect any help from d-link.

If you need to "broadcast" the feed for some commercial purpose I would recommend you to look into a more advanced camera or set-up.

good luck,
mattleppala

Post by mattleppala »

Thank you for your response, my question to you after your post is

where do I find

<PARAM NAME="RemoteIP" VALUE="167880896">

<PARAM NAME="RemoteID" VALUE="953134">

How do I find those two values in the camera configuration page? I see nothing. MY camera is run locally on IP 10.10.2.10 but I have it configured in my router set up to broadcast globally. The global IP address is camera.superiorstreetproperties.com. You can connect to my camera configuration at http://camera.superiorstreetproperties.com from anywhere right now but I really need this live feed so it doesn't require using that.

Thank You for your time,
Matt
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

I found min values by viewing the HTML source of the camera.

Your source says:

document.write&#40;"<PARAM NAME=\"RemoteIP\" VALUE=\"167905802\">"&#41;;
document.write&#40;"<PARAM NAME=\"RemotePort\" VALUE=\"5001\">"&#41;;
document.write&#40;"<PARAM NAME=\"RemoteID\" VALUE=\"32208\">"&#41;;
so use those values in your code.

By the way, in my code example I had removed all the

document.write&#40;"
but it should be there.

Let me know about your custom broadcassting page and I can have a look at it for any obvious errors.

PS See here for a working code ;-) Once again, the page first alert "connection failed" but 10-20 seconds later audio and video shows up...