Using Linksys WAG54G with NAT and NON NAT

On the Linksys WAG54G. Performance, configuration and set-up.
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

I got bit more on this:

You are right, since using the router in non NAT mode, one of my PCs has problems with FTP and HTTP post. This PC is connected to the router via cabel, to the first switched port. During FTP, it uploads 29kb but then freezes.

However, two other laptops connected over WLAN have no problems.

I cannot be bothered to investigate further where the problem is... at least not now :-)
TheFLC

Post by TheFLC »

Hi peeps, I downloaded the new 1.01.7 firmware (annex A for UK) and the static stuff finally works!!!!

Had a problem at first with my win2k server but all it needed was it's MTU changing in the registry (something to do with the setting on the router only applying it in one direction).

So now all we have to worry about are firewalls :D
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

That is good news... but maybe it was the MTU setting all along that was the problem. However I remember setting MTU correctly on my machine and I still had problems with FTP and POST.

I really liked using my block of static IPs but have gone back to NAT because I have 6 devices connecting to the Internet so 4 usable static IPs is not enough :-(

Ideally I would be able to use some devices with static public IP and some devices with private IPs and NAT but I don't think the router supports that.

I have seen a post about hacked firmware being able to do this but I am not willing to take the risk.