PS2 has died, 1 guy says its a fuse, PLZ HELP

Playstation 2 related problems
nathanold

PS2 has died, 1 guy says its a fuse, PLZ HELP

Post by nathanold »

Hey all one day i decided to clean the inside of ma PS2 so i took it apart using all methods to not touch anything that i mite break, i took out the ribbon cables just under the cd/dvd tray we the on button n that goes, wen i put the ps2 back togetha it didnt swicth on n i paniced.

A guy i know said "you've probs blown a fuse on your mainboard" yes i got that but the only thing how the hell do i find out if i have! i live in the UK so if any one knows any were i cud send ma ps2 so they can check and see if it is fixable.

Please help any 1

cheers Nathan
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

I would have guessed it is the (white) ribbon tape that was not put back together correctly.

In all the cleaning and laser adjustment FAQs I have seen, people always mention not to disconnect the ribbon tape as it is a pain to put it back.
nathanold

Post by nathanold »

No its not the ribbon cables i put them back in the way they were in b4 i pulled them out wid twizers, so im pretty mad that ma PS2 aint working. ive got a picture of the main board of my version of ps2 and i think i havce blown the fuse near the ribbon cables connectors.

Nathan
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

How did you manage to blow a fuse? Was the PS2 on while you had it open?

:?
nathanold

Post by nathanold »

i dont know how i blew a fuse but a guy who knows ps2's really well sed that ive more than likely blew a fuse i think ive blew it wen i was trying so many times to get it workin switchin off n on but i think its died ive ordered the new Slim Line version of the ps2 but still wanna try n get ma old 1 fixed but that wud b a bonus!

Nathan

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
khat17

Post by khat17 »

It may not be a fuse. It could be the cable put in wrong. If it's put in upside-down it wont work at all. If there's any fuse blown, most likely is the power supply fuse. If you've used a tester/meter before, use it and try and find where the power is not going to. Do not do this if you have no electronics experience, or don't know how to read a circuit.

PeAcE.