in need of help badly

Playstation 2 related problems
hoodiez

in need of help badly

Post by hoodiez »

well, earlier today the ps2 would not even open the cd-rom/dvd tray, something to do with the reset/eject cable is a little torn up but i just taped it up a bit and it seems to be working fine although there is this other major problem im having and i really would like to fix it, ive got a purple & silver disc'd games, only have 2 games at moment, and well.. it wont play the silver type games and it wont play dvd movies. ive tried to clean the lens with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on a qtip and drying it off with the other end of the qtip and ive also tried using a can of air duster, and well that has never seemed to of fixed it, does anyone else know as to what i could possibly do to fix this so i can play the dvd movies and silver disc games.
hope someone has a solution to my problem that ive got.
bamfan_1

Post by bamfan_1 »

Hey i did the exact same thing ... and it didnt work, now instead of it not working and making that clicking noise.. now it just says please insert a format disc.. man im pissed off :x
Shabna To the max...... wateva that means?
hoodiez

Post by hoodiez »

hey, i totally forgot that i even posted that :P
i ended up getting a brand new ps2 all together for christmas, it was kind of nice although i just have the old one sitting in my closet collecting dust, lol
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Good thing you got a new one. You'd probably have to get a new lens for the old one. That's all it needs anyways, a new lens IMO. If you can't play DVD MOVIES or the SILVER games (DVD games) then it's a lens problem. Maybe if the lens was adjusted/tweaked it would work, but I doubt U need to do that anymore with the new one ;)

@bamfan_1 - Try tweaking it. If not, then you need a new lens, sorry. Hope the info helps.

PeAcE.