Playstation 2 Disk Tray

Playstation 2 related problems
StreetRacer7

Playstation 2 Disk Tray

Post by StreetRacer7 »

Ok i need to figure out how to open my disk tray i have looked all over this site and everytime u say ... unless you are comfortable but u still dont say how to do it. I need to know how to do it because i have fixed my ps2 so many times its not even funny and i am comfortable taking it a part i just dont know how to do this. Thanks very much if you can help me with this problem.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

After removing the top and bottom of the console, look to the FRONT and BACK of the LASER/DISK ASSEMBLY and you'll see ONE large clip/tab at the front and TWO smaller ones at the back. Basically the lens assembly snaps plastic clips/tabs into the metal frame of the PS2. Just be careful and snap those out. Please also not that you need to remove the RIBBON CABLES that are connected to the board of the PS2 from the LENS ASSEMBLY, or else you'll tear them and that will be the end of it all. And that is the removal of the whole disk tray assembly from the PS2.

For the tray itself, after removing the top of the tray assembly to the point that you can see the lens etc. you will have to now look at the underside of the lens. You will see a long white bar/slider that is similar to those you see in CD/DVD ROM/RW drives (if you've been in one). All you need to do is take a screwdriver or some other small object, and slide it to the........umm? I think it was the RIGHT facing the PS2 from the front......Or was it the left? I don't remember. I'll post back. Granted when you're doing it you'll know. Yea, I think it was the right. After doing so, the tray will open, and you can slide it out by hand thereafter. Hope the info helps.

PeAcE.