YOu are my only hope...

Playstation 2 related problems
Deltoro

YOu are my only hope...

Post by Deltoro »

I have a 42 inch LG Plasma tv connected with a Playstation 2 using the normaly cable (YELLOW,RED,WHITE). When i put in a game inside the console picture and all was ok till the game started to show up on screen...THere is no colour and picture tends to flicker most of the time...thought that it might be the tv but then i tried playing a dvd in the console and everything was fine and working as it should...so i seriously don't know what to do...please help me your my only hope...
Fat Monkey
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

Is it just with that game you are having problems or are all games behaving like that?

The lack of colour and flicker you get sometimes if your TV does not support the TV signal from the game. Is both the TV and the game UK purchased?
Deltoro

Post by Deltoro »

First of all thanks for replying,

it happens to all the games i put in. THe weird part is that when i play in on a normal tv there is no problem, but when i connect it to the plasma tv (LG RU42PX11) the nightmare starts.

*Is both the TV and the game UK purchased? NO i bought my playstation and the game in Malaysia. The plasma in Australia. I tried playing the games i bought from australia but still the same. Even tried with a different tv but still no difference. Do you have any suggestions?
Fat Monkey
1n_Rom3o

Post by 1n_Rom3o »

im not sure if games have the pal/ntfs formats that dvds have. How are your hooking it up? RGB? try checking if the settings are on RGB? if that doesn't work then u could try plugging the PS2 into all your video ports and checking all of them. the new plasma and lcd screens are really weird to work (i speak from experience with my cuzin's new lcd tv). other than that, i dont know whats wrong. i've never heard of this problem before.
IF i screw up, i'll keep trying till i cna't screw up anymore!
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Games do have PAL/NTSC formatting. Have you tried any other US games in the console? And you said that movies play ok? Try a PAL movie in there and see if you get the same thing. Same thing happened to me when I tried to play the UK version of APE ESCAPE in my PS1. Hope the NFO helps.

PeAcE.