MY ps2 will only make a slight hiss sound, and no lights

Playstation 2 related problems
wyley187

MY ps2 will only make a slight hiss sound, and no lights

Post by wyley187 »

I recently took my ps2 apart to install a no solder mod chip, it has worked for about 3 weeks, then suddenly while loading a game it shut off, now all I hear when I turn on the powere switch is a slight high pitched noise, the lights will not come on at the reset or eject buttons, PLZ HELP,
racoonfrenzy

no led lgihts and hissing sound

Post by racoonfrenzy »

ok i was trying to fix my ps2 because all i got was a red light i just had to jiggle the eject cable around and i fixed that...then i was about to put it back together and when i did it wasnt working at all...now there is no lights and all you here is a hissing sound...i bought a new eject cable that didnt help....whats is the problem????????? its not on google...
racoonfrenzy

maybe solution??

Post by racoonfrenzy »

ok..while fidling with it i found out that if you hold the end of the eject/reset ribbon cable on mine...by the conductor part then the pan will do about a quarter spin...so i am guessing that it must be a problem with the eject/reset "button" since i can find blow fuses on mine...plus its getting power....btw this happened while connecting the button while the ps2 power was on..."not a good idea....."

hopefully that helps you out...

please tell me if you find a answer if mine is wrong and you can help me out.
khat17

Post by khat17 »

Is the "hissing sound" the sound of the disk spinning up? Or the sound of the spindle spinning? Or is it more of an electrical sound? The "no solder" chip has a temperature protection that will not turn on the PS2 unless the temp is ok. The fan going bad could be the problem (as it did with mine). If you have the time and patience, try removing the chip from the PS2 and powering it on (I've done it without full assembly to make it easier to reconnect the chip). If it works ok without the chip, then reinstall. If it doesn't work, then maybe the problem is elsewhere. Oh and BTW, the "high pitched" sound could also be the power supply gone (bad capacitor or such) so be careful of that. Hope the NFO helps.

PeAcE.