Techwood feedback

On the topic of connecting various devices to a Plasma screen
ady

Techwood feedback

Post by ady »

having read various reports about this this set i thought i'd leave my own feedback.

if you want brilliance..... buy a panny

if you want a decent plasma that you won't have to get a remortgage for, then i reckon the techwood is alright!!

picture is fine, sky sports for footy is a little bit fuzzy, but not that bad really.
watching football on BBC is fine, so it's obviously the quality of the broadcast rather than the quality of the telly.

fast motion can go a little bit painting by numbers occasionally, but again, it depends on the channel.

DVD's look fine and i think the sound quality and adjustabilty on the set is really pretty good.

in short, it's cheap, it's effective, all the stands and brackets come supplied, plenty of inputs. and It looks as cool as anything else once you've got it on the wall, which is the easiest thing you'll ever have to do by the way!

the only downside for me was that there was a dead pixel on mine, you only see it when the screen is a light colour but i called the service centre, guy came next day, confirmed i was right and i'll have my new one in 5 days. so I can't confirm any of the bad press about the service team either.

I was filling my underwear after reading some of the other peoples comments on various sites, so i'd just like to help anyone out there who is getting a techwood and is starting to feel a bit worried..... Don't be.

happy trails......
cheers.
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

Thank you for the review Ady!

I have had many curious users asking on this forum whether the low price means bad quality.

I think you have made it clear that despite the low price of the Techwood is a decent Plasma TV with all the Plasma benefits.

cheers,
crapday

Post by crapday »

ady, your spot on, I was a bit worried about this tv after i had paid for it, but like ypou say for the price you cant really beat it. I think that the reports that I was reading were for older techwood plasmas and not the latest ones. So dont be fooled by the price this is a desent plasma that want break the bank.
only a laugh no harm done.
ady

Post by ady »

unfortuneately, following my decent feedback my tv seems to have taken a turn for the worse!!!

response time for the pixels seems to have taken a dive!

pictures have become gloomy and getting a decent contrast/brightness/colour balance seems like an impossible dream. watching the set for too long gives me eye ache because of this.

I will be ringing curries and telling them to take it away and give me mu money back.

clearly i have been unfortunate with my tellies!! the first one i had was absolutely spot on apart from a dead pixel but this replacement is awful!!

amazing how quickly things can change eh?

.........nevermind.
cheers.
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

ouch
crapday

Post by crapday »

i'd better keep an eye on mine then. :?
only a laugh no harm done.