unlocking prepaid phones

Discussion on unlocking your mobile phone for free
melissa_froggies

unlocking prepaid phones

Post by melissa_froggies »

How can you unlock a phone that is prepaid.when a lock code was accidentally put on my motorola prepaid tmobile phone?? :?
melissa_froggies
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

The NETWORK lock that I am talking about is the restriction to only be able to use your own network for calls. Often it is cheaper to use other networks which is why people want to unlock network locks.

I think you are talking about the phone or SIM lock. For this you have to get a PUK number from your operator. Your operator is your only (legal) option.

There are also less reputable street shops that can unlock phones. They are often used by people that have stolen phones that are SIM locked.

good luck,
David
melissa_froggies

Post by melissa_froggies »

:? No,i am not trying to unlock a sim card or a network phone!If i put the sim card into my other tmobile phone it works fine!I sincerely just needed help on maybe finding a code that did not require me to sit on hold for half an hour.Unforunately your site has been no help at all.And i am not trying to do something illegal.Thanks for your time and your judgements!!!!For further help i think i will choose to wait for a live operator!!!!!
melissa_froggies
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

The way to unlock a phone depends a lot on the make of the phone.

Older Nokia phones can be unlocked with a remote code that is deducted from your IMEI number. Not sure about newer models.

Sony Ericsson uses stronger protection so you cannot get a remote code deducted from the IMEI number. Your operator has the correct unlock code or you can do it your self by buying a special data cable and using software on your PC (cable is £15, software is £3 / usage).

I am not familiar with other brands.