connecting to menus

On the Linksys WAG54G. Performance, configuration and set-up.
andy swain

connecting to menus

Post by andy swain »

Hi All
Firstly the Wag54g is working fine apart from a couple of time when it has hung or my connection has dropped and i have to switch it off for an hour due to stale connection.
Right main problem is getting into the menu,s It seem to take forever i log on then have to wait for the page to download then again when changing it to another page. Does anyone else have this problem.

also when i look at the log the time is always wrong how do i change it?

regs Andy
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

When I was using my router without the NAT (with 8 static public IPs) it behaved like you described. Took very long time to browse the set-up pages. Because of another problem (FTP uploads) I have gone back to NAT and the slow pages browsing is gone.

Besides the removing the NAT, I also had to assign a second IP to the router, that was used by my devices.

Regarding the incorrect time, what firmware are you using? There was a bug with the shipped firmware that caused incorrect time. Has been fixed in subsequent firmwares.

Post by Guest »

Hello David yes using the original out of the box wag54g so not done any firmwear upgrades as yet.

when you say nat ?

Regs andy
david
Site Admin

Post by david »

NAT means network address translation. See here for a description (see the overloaded version).

The result is that multiple devices on your LAN will use the same external IP.
Ciccio

Post by Ciccio »

Hi Andy,

how is going?
I've the same problem after I upgraded the box from 1.01.6 (the original one) to 1.02.3.
The browsing onto the setup web pages of the server often results into failed page uploads.
I'm trying to find my 1.01.6 back, but I cannot find it.
Have you solved in some other way?

Bye.