The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index The Story of David Kaspar
Electronic discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hitachi 42PD7200 hook up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to connect your Plasma TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vince_vega

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: hitachi 42PD7200 hook up? Reply with quote

hi there, this is my first post so be gentle!! i have just purchased a hitachi 42pd7200 plasma and i am struggling to connect it all up properly! i currently have sky+, a sony rdrgx3 dvd recorder, a panasonic vhs video recorder and a gamecube. i dont yet have component cables for the dvd recorder (but they are on the way) so what is the best way to do it?? if someone could explain both methods of connection (scart and component) it would be a great help!! Very Happy
thanks in advance.
david
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Vince!

Have you read the How to connect your Plasma TV post?

The Hitachi looks like a nice Plasma, especially at that price (1,300?)

It seems as if the TV has 2 composite connections, 2 component connections, 1 SCART, 1 s-video as well as 1 aerial. Correct me if I am wrong?

I am assuming that you do not have a video switching amplifier.

For best quality connect the devices up like this:

1. VHS: Check for s-video. If the video recorder does not have s-video, use the composite (yellow).

2. DVD recorder: I find best quality using component cables.

3. Sky+: Use the scart cable and make sure to select RGB out in the sky setup menus.

4. GameCube: Get component cables for it. Alternatively you can get a SCART switcher from Maplin (25) and connect 2-3 SCART devices to the switcher and the switcher to the Plasma.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to connect your Plasma TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: