The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index The Story of David Kaspar
Electronic discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PS2 Fan Problems, System Overheats - Red Power Light flashes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to fix your PS2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redlion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: PS2 Fan Problems, System Overheats - Red Power Light flashes Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if you might be able to help me out. My PS2 fan is no longer working and as a result the system overheats after about 15 minutes of use. I tried changing the fan, but that didnít fix the problem, so I believe the problem lies elsewhere. I read somewhere that it might be a fuse (PS5?), but Iím not sure where it is located or what it looks like. I was hoping you might be able to give me a few suggestions about how to repair the problem. Iíve heard that you can extend the leads on the fan and attach them somewhere else to bypass the fuse, but I have no clue about where to attach the leads or how to go about it, can you provide some help?
khat17

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had stopped working as well. I found it to be the leads to the fan, and not the fan itself. I soldered the fan cable directly to the pin-outs on the board, and it worked. Try that and see what happens. The pin-outs are small, so be careful. Also, please be warned that if you solder the fan directly to the boad, there may be no way to reconnect the pinouts, and you'll have to keep it that way permanently. Hope it helps.

PeAcE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to fix your PS2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: