The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index The Story of David Kaspar
Electronic discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Techwood for 1200 is it any good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to connect your Plasma TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ady

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Techwood for 1200 is it any good? Reply with quote

It's cheap as chips, it looks alright to me but i'd really appreciate some feedback about this product.

this tv will mostly be used for viewing sky,(all kinds of programs, docs, sports music etc) it'll be wall mounted and i have no more money to spend, so I don't want to hear that i can spend a bit more and get better please Sad , i just want to know if this product is any good for what i want and the price.

thanks a lot everybody Very Happy
david
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not mention what size or model it is. Is it new or used and etc.

From other owners posts it sounds like the Techwood has its problems. I have also seen online that people complain about video quality, that it is worse than with their old TV.

Best would be to compare the Techwood with other plasmas in a shop.
ady

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the posts i've read on here and in other places it seems about 60/40 satisfaction with the techwood. sorry, i don't know the exact model no. but it is the 42" currently being sold in dixons/currys.
some of the posts are older than others and with this being the most recent version of this television i wondered if some of the problems were still relevent to the model.
i guess it's gonna be a case of pay yer money take yer chance!!
the picture looked fine to me in the shop, obviously it's a dvd demo so it should do!!
as for the picture being worse than a normal crt television, that is bound to be the case, as CRT is still the best picture you can get regardless of any other new mediums. the new DLP's are the closest to rivalling a top line CRT. but you can't hang them on a wall!! pity!
thanks for your help.
crapday

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one just before christmas, can't really fault it. the thing is get the extended warranty but try and get it cheaper I paid 1299 for the Techwood and 300 for the 5 year warranty you don't know how long plasma tv's will last. Delivery was free and fast, you get a bracket in the box so as you can hang it on the wall so don't buy another one from the shop.
get good scart leads (monster ones are 25 I would recommend them), if you intend to hang it on the wall you will have to order an extended lead for the tuner box to the screen and mibee a longer power lead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to connect your Plasma TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: