The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index The Story of David Kaspar
Electronic discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To trade in or not to trade in?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to connect your Plasma TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: To trade in or not to trade in????? Reply with quote

Hi all

Does anyone know of any retailers that operate a trade in on old equipment? When I say old equipment it is less than a year old. The reason is as follows:

I currently have a Denon DVD 2900, a Denon AVR 3802 amp and Sky +. I have just purchased a Pioneer PDP 435 XDE Plasma. I have rung around a couple of retailers to find out the best way of cabling up my system for the video signal. (Audio already taken care of).

The common concensus was to use the amp for component switching as follows:
1. Component from dvd to amp.

2. Rgb from Sky + to Rgb - component convertor. Component from convertor to amp.

3. Component out from amp to plasma.

This option using QED signature range was about 700!!!!!!

Whilst talking to some of the retailers they said that the HDMI connection method on the Plasma offers a picture quality far greater than component. This then got me thinking that the new Denon 3910 Dvd has a HDMI output. Couple this with the Denon Avr 3805 and the Denon Link I presume you would have a drastic reduction in cabling and enhanced veiwing pleasure.

So my question is this, should I spend out on the above cabling method or should I buy the new equipment, which offset against the cost of cabling and any possible trade in would be more cost effective and a bit more future proof?

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance.
sharger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys. someone must be able to offer up some advice..... This is an AV forum after all!!
david
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in a second hand component capable amp so I suspect my answer would be a bit biased...

Let us know what option you chose in the end,

david

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Story of David Kaspar Forum Index -> How to connect your Plasma TV All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: